The St Patrick’s Technical College Plumbing program prepares students for an apprenticeship as a licensed plumber and/or gas fitter in a commercial, industrial or residential setting.
You will prepare for work involving:
- Use plumbing hand and power tools
- Cut and join sheet metal
- Flash penetrations through roofs and walls
- Select and install roof sheeting and wall cladding
- Cut using oxy-LPG-acetylene equipment
- Fabricate and install roof drainage components
- Weld using oxy-acetylene equipment
Combined with relevant theory subjects, your training focuses on required hand skills, working safely at heights, reading plans and calculating plumbing quantities.
This program is part of the StPatsTech School of Building & Construction. To see the other pathways available in this sub-school, visit the Programs page.