St Patrick’s Technical College is a purpose-built trade training school that offers award winning pre-vocational training for Year 11 and 12 students combined with a specialist industry focused South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE).
Our aim is for students to complete their SACE while starting their trade career through a school-based apprenticeship.
Work ready students
All students attending St Patrick’s Technical College are screened for trade aptitude, attitude and academic ability.
The College curriculum is 100% trade focused and relevant to the industry sectors in which the students are training.
Pre-vocational training at St Patrick’s Technical College is endorsed by TAFE SA, informed by our industry led board and covers the following industries:
- Automotive (Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology [AUR20516] > Certificate II in Automotive Tyre Servicing Technology [AUR21916])
- Building & Construction (Certificate II in Construction Pathways [CPC20211])
- Electrotechnology (Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Careerstart) [UEE22011])
- Information Technology (Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology [ICT30115])
- Food & Hospitality (Certificate II in Kitchen Operations [SIT20416])
- Hair & Beauty (Certificate II in Salon Assistant [SHB20216])
- Metals & Engineering (Certificate II in Engineering (Engingeering Pathways) [MEM20413]
- Plumbing (Certificate II in Plumbing) [22304VIC]
… for employers
Employers can access quality apprentices who have undertaken fully accredited pre-vocational training in their chosen trade backed by relevant theory subjects.
… for students
Students can complete their secondary school qualification at the same time as starting training and employment in their apprenticeship.