Congratulations to our Class of 2013 Applied Engineering graduates who today received first round university offers:
- Victoria Filsell – B Science (Flinders University)
- Jack Lord – B Science (University of Adelaide)
- Alex deVries vanLeeuwen – B Science (Mineral GeoScience) (University of Adelaide)
- Chris Chisolm – B Engineering (Civil) (University of South Australia)
- Daniel Ridley – B Engineering (Civil & Structural) (University of South Australia)
The Applied Engineering course at St Patrick’s was developed specifically to create pathways into university courses such as these. Students benefit from having a solid practical knowledge from their Certificate II training undertaken at St Patrick’s in either Metals & Engineering or Electrotechnology, to go with their theoretical studies in Mathematics and Physics.
Congratulations also to Mrs Celina Bolding for her work in coordinating and delivering this program over the past three years. Celina has moved on to the University of South Australia this year to work in the school engagement programs. Taking over from Celina in running the Applied Engineering course is Mr Andrew Costi.